Frequently Asked Questions
- The CenHub Store is an online store that facilitates the purchase of energy-saving products and services while offering instant rebates at the point of sale for certain products.
How do I find products on the CenHub Store?
- The CenHub Store currently offers a selection of the leading energy-saving products, most of which are are eligible for Central Hudson’s residential instant rebate programs. You can view each of the available products by selecting a product category from the "Products" drop down navigation and by clicking on each product for more details. The Store's home page also offers featured energy-saving products that you can click on for more details.
How do I review a product?
- You can add a review of a product by clicking on the product, scrolling down to “product reviews” and clicking “write a review.”
Why am I not eligible for rebates?
Different products have different rebate eligibility criteria, but you must first be a residential customer of Central Hudson in the state of New York.
There are many factors that effect rebate eligibility, such as customer type (Residential, Commercial…), limits on products, whether your home has central A/C or natural gas service with Central Hudson. Most reasons are listed below:
- Brand new Central Hudson customers may take up to 24hr for their rebate information to be available
- Commercial Customers, at this time, only qualify for certain thermostat rebates
- Customer accounts may have reached a limit on certain products and will not receive rebates beyond the designated limit
Only select customers within specific energy constrained areas will qualify for a free CenHub IntelliTemp thermostat and free installation of this device. To see if you qualify for this free thermostat, log in to your Central Hudson account. Eligible customers can get more information on this great offer on the CenHub Store or the CenHub Peak Perks program page. If your account is not in an eligible location, you can still qualify for a $20 instant rebate and additional rewards if you choose to purchase the device at the listed price on the CenHub Store. To learn about additional rewards that come with the purchase of this device, please call 844-258-7761 and someone will assist you.
Which products are eligible for rebates?
- It's our goal to make upgrading your home easy and affordable. That's why most of the products on the CenHub Store are eligible for rebates. Below each listed product, you'll see a tag and quick description of any available rebates.
- Two rebates per household for thermostats. Five rebates per household for lighting. No limit on power strips and water saving products.
MANAGING YOUR CENHUB ACCOUNT
How do I login?
- You can login by clicking “Log-in” in the top right corner of your browser. If you are on a mobile device, click the three lines on the right side to expand the mobile navigation menu, then click “Log-in.” You will need your User ID and Password.
My password isn’t being recognized and I can’t log in. Why?
- The password is case sensitive. A common mistake is to enter letters in lowercase when they should be in uppercase or in uppercase when they should be lower case. Also, make sure your keyboard "Caps Lock" light is not on.
I forgot my password or User ID. What can I do?
- If you lose or forget your password, you can retrieve it by clicking on the “Forgot Password” link at the bottom of the login process, then entering your User ID. It will prompt you to answer the security question that you selected and answered during your Registration Process. A new password will be emailed to the email address that we have on record. You can change this password any time after you log in.
- If you lose or forget your User ID, you can retrieve it by clicking on the “Forgot User ID” link at the bottom of the login process, then entering your 11-digit Account Number and the first line of the “Service For” name, both of which are found on your Central Hudson bill. A new User ID will be emailed to the email address that we have on record.
How do I create an account?
- To create an account, click on the “create account” button at the top right section of the screen. If you are on a mobile device, click the three lines on the right side to expand the mobile navigation menu, then click “Create Account.” You will need to register with Central Hudson's customer self-service before you can access all of the services available. Please provide the following information:
- 11-digit Account Number
- First line of the "Service For" name exactly as it appears on your Central Hudson bill
- Desired User ID
- Note: Please allow up to 24 hours after completing registration before logging in and applying rebates on the CenHub Store.
- For login help or additional information, please contact Central Hudson directly at 845-452-2700 or via the email form at http://www.centralhudson.com/contactus/supervisor.aspx, as the CenHub Store Customer Service Representatives do not have access to your account or billing information.
- All product warranties are provided by the product manufacturer. Please visit the product manufacturer website for all warranty information.
- Many products offered on the CenHub Store, like LED light bulbs, advanced power strips and water-saving products don't need professional installation.
- For smart thermostats offered on the CenHub Store, we do not provide installation services with your purchase, with the exception being for select eligible customers purchasing the CenHub IntelliTEMP DirectLink thermostat - check your eligibility for free installation by signing in and viewing the rebate details of the product page linked in the text above.
- Please be aware of the installation requirements for each device before purchasing.
- To check thermostat installation compatibility please review the following:
- ecobee Compatibility Check
- Honeywell Instructional Video
- DIY Wi-Fi Thermostat Wiring & Installation
- Nest Compatibility Check
- Some thermostats require a C-Wire to power the device, like the Honeywell thermostats, the CenHub IntelliTEMP DirectLink thermostat and ecobee SmartSi thermostat offered on this store.
- Nest Learning Thermostats do not need a C-Wire to function and the ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled thermostat comes with an adaptor for those without a C-Wire.
- If you do not have a C-Wire on your existing thermostat, there are products in the market that act as an adapter (type “thermostat c-wire adapter” into your favorite search engine), or a contractor can help you install the device.
- Make sure to check your current wiring before purchasing any thermostat, and consult the installation information shown above.
What payment forms are accepted on the Energy Store?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
Why wasn’t I able to complete my online credit card transaction?
- Please check that you input your credit card information correctly. Make sure to input the billing address that matches that on your credit card.
- If you continue to experience issues, you can contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page, call us toll free at +1 (844) 906-0907 or send an email to Service@CenHubStore.com.
How can I view and print my online order confirmation?
- You can view your order information using the order confirmation email we send to you.
- If you no longer have access to your order confirmation email, please contact us using our Contact Us page, call us toll free at +1 (844) 906-0907 or send an email to Service@CenHubStore.com.
- The tracking information will be included in the shipping confirmation email we send to you.
How do I cancel or modify my order?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 906-0907 or send an email to Service@CenHubStore.com.
What if I received a damaged product?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 906-0907 or send an email to Service@CenHubStore.com – we’ll provide you with information on how to return your order, including a pre-paid return shipping label.
Why is my item on backorder?
- On rare occasions, popular products can be temporarily sold-out, but we are usually back in stock quickly. If you would like to adjust your order in the event of any delay, please contact us toll free at +1 (844) 906-0907 or send an email to Service@CenHubStore.com.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- For shipping & delivery questions, please see our Shipping page.
- For returns questions, please see our Returns page.
- Still have questions? Please contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page.