2-in-1 Carbon Monoxide and Natural Gas Smart Alarm (Plug-In)
The Universal Security Instruments Electric MCND401 Plug-In Carbon Monoxide and Natural Gas Smart Alarm is a 2-in-1 device that provides double the protection with a single installation. Since you cannot see or smell CO, never assume it's not present! This dual-sensing alarm protects against two deadly household threats: carbon monoxide and natural gas (or methane). With a compact design, intelligent microprocessor to eliminate nuisance alarms and informative digital display screen, this "smart" alarm can help put your mind at ease.
Compact Plug-in Design
The compact plug-in design covers only 1 outlet for a fast and easy installation with no wiring required.
The battery back-up continues protection in the event of a power outage. 9-volt alkaline battery is included.
Digital Display Screen
This easy-to-read screen comes with three LED colors indicating power, CO and natural gas. Provides carbon monoxide PPM (parts per million) levels and displays 'GAS' during an occurrence.
Fast and Easy Installation
No wiring required! Just plug-in and go. For maximum protection, install an alarm inside every bedroom, outside every sleeping area and on all levels of the home.
Turn off nuisance alarms with a single touch of a button. And, when it's time to replace the battery (approximately 7 years from activation), the end-of-service warning will sound.
Perfect for new or replacement installations, the 120-volt AC alarm is suitable for houses, apartments and mobile homes.
Single Installation. Double Protection.
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm outside each separate sleeping area, and for maximum protection, install one in every bedroom.
- Place additional carbon monoxide alarms at least 15-20 feet away from the furnace or fuel burning heat sources.
- Install a minimum of 10 feet away from sources of humidity like bathrooms and showers.
- For multiple-story dwellings, install one carbon monoxide alarm on every level.
- If you have a basement, install a carbon monoxide alarm at the top of the basement stairs, and in each separate sleeping area.
- Do not install carbon monoxide alarms in garages, kitchens or furnace rooms.
- Do not install in any extremely dusty, dirty, humid or greasy areas.
- Do not install alarms in direct sunlight, or areas subjected to temperature extremes (crawl spaces, unfinished attics, poorly insulated ceilings and porches).
- Carbon monoxide alarms should not be installed in outlets covered by curtains, heavy furniture or other obstructions.
- Do not install in turbulent air-near ceiling fans, heat vents, air conditioners, fresh air returns or open windows. Blowing air may prevent carbon monoxide from reaching the CO sensors.
Solid state, Metal Oxide
120 volt AC 60 Hz (Plug-In & Battery backup)
85 dB at 10 feet
0º F to 120º F (-18º C to 48º C)
10% to 95% RH
4.38˝ x 1.55˝ x 2.50˝
|Warranty||5-year Limited Warranty|
ISO 9001 certified factory